No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
SKU: 6738951536729 Categories: [Retired] - Gifts Under $25, Abandoned Checkout, All Things Loofah, Brush & Sponge, Cleaning, Cleaning Accessories, Home & Kitchen, Kitchen Sponges, Loofah, Plantish Exclusive, Shop All, Shopping by Principles, Tax Override Tags: Cleaning, Cleaning Sponge, Loofah, Shop By Material_Loofah, Shop By Use_Cleaning, Sponge
Our eco sponges are another great swap for your kitchen. These sponges feel and function like traditional sponges but are completely plant-based, plastic-free and compostable. The white part is spongy and absorbent, made of wood pulp while the yellow-brown part is scrubby and helps soap become sudsy, made of loofah.
Loofah has been used by different cultures for centuries before plastic was mass-produced. It replaces traditional plastic sponges in dishwashing and general household cleaning.
Why are eco sponges better than plastic ones?
- according to several research institutes, a kitchen sponge is exposed to hundreds of different types of bacteria and experts recommend changing them once a week, which is problematic because plastic kitchen sponges and scouring pads aren’t easy to break down; it takes thousands of years to do so
- traditional sponges shed tiny fibres, a type of microplastic, which can’t be filtered out by water treatment plants. They make their way into our water cycle, which can end up in our rivers, oceans and drinking water
- its versatility is great for washing and scrubbing all sorts of surfaces, even outside the kitchen
- the softer side is suitable for cleaning low maintenance items such as utensils, bowls, plates, walls, windows
- its abrasive side is suitable for scrubbing stubborn dirt and cleaning sinks or baths
- durable: tough for stubborn dirt and safe to use on non-stick cookware, copper and stainless steel, glassware and much more
- non-scratch: being non-scratch, they won’t leave any scratches or marks on your dishes, pans, kitchen counters, windows etc
- eco-friendly:100% compostable and biodegradable
- quick-drying: no bad smell
- soak the sponge in water to watch it expand for a few minutes
- use as a regular normal sponge
- Dry completely between uses
- Boil in water to kill bacteria
- Avoid soaking in water
- Place away from high heat or flames
- cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins
Shipping Countries: United States (US)
Ready to ship in 1-2 weeks
We ship orders every 4-10 business days.
Plantish does not accept returns as returned inventory in the US alone creates over 15 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually.
If the tracking number status is delivered, we unfortunately won't be able to cover stolen or misplaced packages.
However, if there are defected products, please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected]. We will address these on a case-by-case basis.
*Note: Depending on the circumstances, we can offer a one time courtesy reshipment of your order for defected, stolen, or misplaced packages.
Thank you for being eco-friendly!
There are no reviews yet.