No products in the cart.
- Our Animal Welfare Policy applies to all brands sold on the Biashara Street marketplace.
- We encourage all Biashara Street partners to comply with this policy.
- We do not allow any products sourced from vulnerable, endangered, wild, or exotic species.
- We encourage our partners to clearly label any materials or products not derived from animals as “Faux” in the product and care descriptions.
We encourage animal material suppliers to adopt best practices based on the Five (5) Freedoms for Animals:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst
- Freedom from discomfort
- Freedom from pain, injury, or disease
- Freedom to express normal behavior
- Freedom from fear and distress
We encourage our partners to follow the RDS (The Responsible Down Standard) guidelines to ensure that down and feathers come from animals that are not subject to unnecessary harm
Acceptable Animal Derived Materials
- Leather, skin, wool, and other animal hair are sourced as a by-product of the meat industry.
- Must be sourced from producers who practice good animal husbandry.
- Sourced from partners whose tanneries practice good environmental compliance.
Biashara Street does not support animal-tested cosmetic products.
All brands selling in the E.U. or countries with the animal testing ban must comply with that country’s specific laws and requirements.
Biashara Street prohibits the use of banned animal materials or images for marketing, production, or any communications.