No products in the cart.
African Natural Bone Salt & Pepper Shakers, Traditional Batik Designs
- SKU: KNB030B
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Sold By: GC
52 in stock
SKU: KNB030B Categories: Accessories, all products, Best selling products, GC, Girl's Fashion, Home, Kitchen & Tabletop, New Products Tags: Bar, Barware, Entertaining, Ethically, Home, Jedando African Handicrafts, Kenya, Kitchen & Tabletop, men, Men Accessories, New, Sourced, Sustainably Sourced, Upcycled, V:Jedando African Handicrafts
Handmade by artisans in Kenya using traditional methods passed down through the generations, these batik bone salt and pepper shakers are beautiful and functional. Crafted from ethically-sourced, sanitized animal bone that is hand carved.
Patterns vary – expect a variety of designs with your order!
- Handcrafted and designed in beautiful styles, unique details on each piece. Because of the hand-carved and hand-painted beauty of each piece, no two are identical.
- Naturally water and stain resistant
- Hand wash and air dry
- Socially responsible goods that is empowering to consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate poverty. Fair trade is so much more than a product assortment. It’s about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investment for factory employees.
- Made from ethically sourced animal bones that would have otherwise been discarded.
- Each piece is approximately 3-inches tall.
Story Behind the Art:
The bone is “batiked” which is an age old art process used in Africa. The patterns are applied by placing wax on the white bone and dipping the bone into a dark brown/black dye, resulting in the beautiful African mud cloth designs.
Shipping Countries: United States (US), Canada